League Founded in 1980
Central Illinois Youth Soccer League
Ray, Lou Basso,
Dave Hicks, Tom Kulavic,
Jerry Bordenkircher, Mike
Cotner, Bill Hall,
Charlie Smyth, Robert
McGuire, Bill Christophel
John, Steve Berry, Steve Hutton, Mel
Koch, Alex Ferguson
Stone from the Danville Area Soccer Association
Called to order in Bloomington @ 1:18 PM
Minutes of the last meeting were approved
- Nothing new to
- Discussed the
need for “Classic and Premier” at the U9 and U10 age groups. It was
recommended that the scheduler address it each season.
Charlie Smyth recommends that each club try the approach of making
multiple teams of a more balanced nature at these age groups. He felt that
it was successful for his club and gets more players involved at the earlier
- Discussed requiring the entire $245.00 fee up front for the Fall season. After much consideration, discussion, and input from Mike Stone, of the Danville Soccer Association concerning tryout timing, it was decided, by unanimous vote, that the following schedule and fees would apply to each season:
Any team not paying the balance
by March 15 or August 15 will forfeit all fees paid and games scheduled.
Teams can pay the entire $245.00
fee with the initial Call-for Teams.
An additional $50.00 performance
bond fee is needed for each team if not already posted and is not included
in the $245.00 fee.
Teams that cannot make these dates or chooses not to play in CIYSL can register directly with the IYSA. They can also obtain IYSA Tournament cards. Note that if a team does not play in a league, they cannot compete in State Cup.
- There are now 6370 hits-- 426
since January 7, 2000.
- The Long Range Planning Survey was discussed. Key things for near future include Clubs (one or two representatives—could be team managers) at board meetings and/or a club meeting just before the board annual meeting. The Survey will be addressed at the next meeting.
David Hicks reported that the U-9 and U-10 would not play State Cup. They
would participate in the Chevy Cup as a local round-robin tournament type
Charlie Smyth reported that the Orange and Blue tournament date has been
changed from October 7-8 to September 30 and October 1.
He also reported a “D” License Course in Champaign on April 1-2 and 8-9.
- A motion was presented and passed to increase the scheduling fee from $150 to $300 per season and add $150 per season for miscellaneous expenses (such as phone, paper, ink cartridges, etc.) retroactive to this spring’s effort.
The Board Meeting was adjourned at 3:00
A Board Meeting was convened at 3:00 to fill board openings and elect officers for the 2000/2001 year.
The following slate for the Board Members was submitted:
David Hicks, Ryan Lakin, Mike Ray were
elected to the board for three year terms.
The following slate for the Board Officers was submitted and approved:
Jay Ray as
- The next meeting will be on Sunday, May 21, 2000.
Meeting was adjourned at 3:24 P.M.
Game Reporting, Standings,
Procedures, League Format,
Rules, Officials' Guidelines,
By Laws, Board Directory, Board Minutes,
Youth Academy Links,
CIYSL on Facebook Copyright © 1998-2015 by Pitac.