League Founded in 1980
Central Illinois Youth Soccer League
Present: Dave Hicks, Jay Ray, Tom Kulavic, Jerry Bordenkircher, Mike Cotner, Lou Basso, Alex Ferguson, Robert McGuire, Steve Hutton, Yomi John
Absent: Steve Berry, Bill Hall, Mel Koch, Mark Herriott, Bill Christophel
Called to order in Springfield @ 7:16 PM
Minutes of the last meeting were approved as given.
- State Select Camp is June 13 thru 16-- those selected will stay thru the 18th.
- The 2000 State Select Enrollment deadline is June 25 with tryouts on July 17 in Springfield at the SASA site. There will be an E-License Clinic on the same weekend (July 17 and 18-- two day clinic).
- Frank Speth
resigned as Director of Coaching for the IYSA.
Scheduling & Format:
- A "Scheduling Meeting" will not be held for the Fall at the August board meeting. A schedule will be prepared from the "Call-for-Teams" and a draft will be sent to the coaches Then, after two weeks and any needed adjustments, a final schedule will be mailed to the coaches and posted on the WEB. Any changes needed after the schedule is published, will need to be coordinated between coaches/ team contacts-- not the board.
- Both E-Mail and direct mail will be tried this fall for publishing the Schedule. Next year, direct mail may be eliminated.
- Dave Hicks noted that when a team folds, the ID cards are the property of the League and must be returned to the League office- players are no longer covered by the insurance.
- Discussed requiring the entire fee ($245.00) up front by next Spring. Will need to be voted on before the Spring "Call-for -Teams". (The board should vote at the August Board meeting).
- A motion was made and passed to not accept any "Call-for-Teams" notifications after the second Sunday in February or August.
- Will change the WEB to say:
Call-for-Teams sent out by the first Sunday in January or July.
Call-for-Teams notification due by the third Sunday in January or July (if late - $50 fee).
No Call-for-Teams notifications accepted after the second Sunday in February or August.
Minimum roster of 7, team fees, picture ID cards, birth certificates for new teams due by second Sunday in March or August.
Final schedules mailed by the third Sunday in March or August.
starting date for league play is the last Sunday in March or August
(skipping Easter and Labor Day)
- Bloomington independent team wants other teams to share the fee to schedule referees. The local team is responsible for supplying fields and referees. The only shared fees are the on site referee fee for the game.
- Mike Cotner mentioned a concern with referee fees that was voiced to him by Ruben Horna. Ruben was concerned with the similarity of fees for the Assistant Referees ($20) for the U13 & U14 being the same as the U15 and above. The board indicated that this should be taken up with Bill Hall.
- Ralph Matia's original Long range plan and Bill Christophel's comments were distributed. It was decided that we would not have time to cover this at this meeting. Jay Ray asked us to consider Bill's comments and we will discuss this at the next meeting.
- The next meeting will be on Sunday, August 15, 1999 at 11:00 AM and hosted by Sporting Futbol Club at their facilities just North of DetwillerPark.
Meeting was adjourned at 9:15 P.M.
Game Reporting, Standings,
Procedures, League Format,
Rules, Officials' Guidelines,
By Laws, Board Directory, Board Minutes,
Youth Academy Links,
CIYSL on Facebook Copyright © 1998-2015 by Pitac.